[mythtv-users] Keyframe identification in cutlist editor

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 2 13:22:12 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 05:55 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 21/02/12 13:03, John Pilkington wrote:
>> In keyframe mode the keyframes found are often dependent on the
>> direction of search and the stepping history, although they are all
>> members of what I suppose is the complete set.
> Tidying up this thread.  It's now believed fixed in Master; it probably
> won't get into 0.24-fixes, but it does seem that all keyframes are found
> if stepping backwards.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10389#comment:7
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/a6b1e3a72ab80b05b37d015aefaec8df2c14c817/

And, FWIW, all that was happening was that when you hit RIGHT, you go
forward 2 key frames.  When you hit LEFT, you go back one keyframe.  So,
if you're using 0.24-fixes, and you're on a key frame, but you want one
of the surrounding ones, you can hit RIGHT then LEFT then LEFT and be
back on the same key frame you started on.  That means you can do LEFT
to go to the key frame before the current one (as you would expect), and
RIGHT-LEFT to go to the key frame after the current one (which isn't the
expected behavior, but is an identifiable pattern).  It's been doing
this for years and was on my TODO list to fix, but because of the easy
workaround (RIGHT-LEFT), it was way down the list.  However, now that
Jim fixed it, it should make things easier for everyone who upgrades to
0.25, when released.

Mike