[mythtv-users] HDHR-CC success

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at randomstring.org
Thu Mar 1 17:19:49 UTC 2012

0.24-fixes, mythbuntu, RCN near Boston

I have successfully retired my fitful FireWire-equipped STB in
favor of an HDHR3-CC.

Instructions in the wiki were perfectly clear.

I told my DHCPd to hand out a static address to the HDHR3's MAC.
The web page that came up gave the general number for RCN. I
tried their specialized auto-hit number first; this does NOT
work for CableCard devices. Tech support was competent, although
they missed the need to get the DATA string from me.

Deleted all tuners, added the new ones in by IP, used the
existing SchedulesDirect channel info for RCN Digital. Added the
old HDHR tuners by autodetect.

First recording has been made successfully.

Thanks, MythTV devs and community!

-dsr-

--
http://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.