[mythtv-users] How to set up an input to record only one (or a small number of) channels.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 30 10:08:57 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 01:20 PM, Nick F wrote:
> I'm embarrassed to be asking this, having used Myth since 2006, but
> never had to set this up before.
>
> I have Comcast and three tuners - a HDHomerun Prime, a regular
> HDHomerun and an analog tuner.
>
> I'd like to set the analog tuner to record only HBO from my cable box
> (and ideally the HDHomerun to record the basic network channels).
>
> I'm not sure how to set this up.  All my channels are via cable - so I
> have only one lineup with Schedules Direct.  So - when I link my
> analog tuner to my source the analog tuner wants to be able to record
> everything (which I don't want it to do - I want it to only record HBO
> which the Prime can't do obviously).
>
> What's the missing step - I've googled, searched the wiki and the list
> archive to no avail.

MythTV Video Source is the list of channels available on an input, and
their associated tuning information.

MythTV Video Source can use the same or different Schedules Direct lineup.

You'll need a different Video Source for the analog tuner, to give it a
different list of channels to record than the HDHR's.

Mike