[mythtv-users] Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Sat Jun 30 08:10:43 UTC 2012

Robert Siebert wrote:

> [...]

developers. Is there any chance that the recent mythmusic changes from
paul-h will be added to the master MythTV? He has added internet radio
streaming which is awesome. It works like a charm and should really be
added. This makes MythTV much more attractive to users.
I'm an everybody rather than a developer but this interests me a lot.
I've asked on the list a couple of times how I can put a few fixed
stations into the database so I can replace the mythstream functionality
I've lost by moving up to 0.25. It sounds to me (since you say it works
well!!) that you have done this. Could you give us a clue to how its
done please or where there is a patch that will allow it via the
frontend GUI? Cheers
>>> Hi, you need to have your own git repository
with the sources of MythTV. There you can do your own changes to the
source code or apply changes from other developers. To update your git
repository to the latest MythTv version you usually do something like
"git pull git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master". To include the
streaming stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need to do a "git pull
git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master" You can then compile it from
these sources and install it. Its probably the best if some developer
just merges paul-h changes into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys could
create a MythTV version with the streaming stuff included. Cheers

Thanks - you have encouraged me to start hacking...

> Just had a look
at the sources - I use Gentoo and the ebuild builder
> script - and it
looks pretty straight forward. I'll attempt by hacking the
> main
archive file with a copy of MythMusic straight out of master, rebuild

the manifest and see if it flies :) I've got a spare chroot I can play

with.

> Did you find you only had to rebuild the music plugin and
copy the
> relevant xml files across?
>
> Cheers

If you have merged
the paul-h's repository into yours then it should be enough to rebuild
mythmusic. It will install all the relevant files.