[mythtv-users] Strange behaviour on the BBC Olympic streams...can't change channel

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jun 29 14:50:56 UTC 2012

On 29/06/12 13:23, Another Sillyname wrote:
> On 29 June 2012 12:41, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 29/06/12 09:01, Another Sillyname wrote:
>>>
>>> The BBC Olympic streams are currently in test and transmitting a barker.
>>>
>>> You can find them on chanid 9804 onwards (subject to your setup, the 9
>>> may be different).
>>>
>>> Anyway what's strange is that once you've tuned into one the number
>>> keys to change channel seem to be locked out, anyone else seeing
>>> similar behaviour?
>>>
>>> I can use the red and green button buttons and the back button to exit
>>> the channel but can't change channel.
>>>
>> Specify! Are you talking about Freeview, Freesat, Interwebs, what? And I
>> assume that '9804' is the chanid assigned within your setup by scanning.
>> Doesn't really mean too much.
>>

> Mike
>
> Are you having a bad day?
>
> Given I'd said in my original posting the chanid was 9804 (but the 9
> could be different in your setup) it was a reasonable inference it was
> Freesat.  The 9 of course would be different dependent on the order of
> your Terrestrial and Satellite devices and the scan order.
>
> So to be clear I'm talking about Freesat and the channels are transmitting on...
>
> 11469 H in SD
> 12129 V in HD
> 12402 V in HD
> 12422 H in HD
> 12441 V in HD

I assumed initially you might be referring to Freeview, since that's what I
have, but then wondered...

Yes, Freeview can have channels numbered in the 800s. You can also get channels
numbered up there if you can receive from more than one transmitter.

The chanid value is assigned by the scanning mechanism and might not bear any
relationship to the channel number. That's why I asked.

--

Mike Perkins