[mythtv-users] 0.25 - How to turn on HTTP "live streaming"?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 29 01:27:45 UTC 2012

At 11:16 AM +1000 6/29/12, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>hi,
>
>I've been scouring the the internets many tubes for advice on this.
>There doesn't seem to be any setting to set, package to install, or other!?
>
>Can anyone please tell me how to turn on HTTP Like Streaming ?
>(mythbuntu 12.04 clean install)
>
>I've got mythweb, but that seems to be it.

You need some codec support.  The final section of the configure
output shows the relevant bits.  Eg:
# External Codec Options
mp3lame                   yes
faac                      no
xvid                      no
x264                      yes
vpx                       no

After that, you just need to go to the right url provided by the
backend (not MythWeb).  See:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/513788#513788

HTH

Craig