[mythtv-users] analog tuner on HVR-1600 not capturing?

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 28 15:45:41 UTC 2012

Robert:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012, Robert Rust wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Lawrence Houston
> <mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> Back when I was using the Analog Side of my HVR-1600 Cards at first I
> was "Fooled" into accepting "Analog V4L" as the Card Type since MythTV
> would Probe the HVR-1600 Cards, although they only work with "IVTV
> MPEG-2" Card Type selected...  Double Check you have the correct card
> type selected???
>

> Yep.  I'm pretty sure MythTV isn't even the root of the problem, since cat
> /dev/video0 doesn't produce a data file. I just thought I'd ask here in case
> someone else had encountered a similar problem.

I was working on the assumption that when one has configured "IVTV MPEG-2"
verses "Analog V4L" as one's Card Type that MythTV has in fact assured
that the "Correct" Device Driver had been loaded/linked, since if memory
serves both Probe the HVR-1600 Card on the /dev/video0 Device, although
ONLY the "IVTV MPEG-2" Card Type works within MythTV???

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)