[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play blu-rays?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 27 13:35:03 UTC 2012

On 12-06-27 08:59 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> This is intriguing. I have a return code for the blu-ray drive I just
> bought and was intending to just buy a cheap blu-ray player. Maybe I
> should hold off.

Well, personally, if I wanted to be able to watch B/R's, I would
probably just pay the $50 for a dedicated player.

Sure it would be nice to have myth doing that too (and it would also
mean getting the high-def audio passed from my mythfrontend through my
TV to my receiver on the optical connection that already exists there)
but it seems like just too much work and resources (just how big a FE do
you need to be able to run a windows VM that can host anydvd?) to be
able to do at the moment.

The last thing I need to add to what is already perceived around here as
our "fragile" myth system (the last 6-12 months have not been terribly
good) is more fragility.

b.