[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play blu-rays?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Jun 26 19:13:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume you somehow have AnyDVD set to auto-export only the main title so
> none of the special features / menus are available to Myth, correct?

AnyDVD sits as a device driver between the drive and software, and
transparently strips off all of the protection mechanisms. So to the
software, the disc appears as the complete file hierarchy minus the
DRM. It would then be up to the software to determine and playback
individual tracks. Myth picks one track to play by default (not sure
how it chooses...first track, longest track, etc), and then you can
use the myth OSD menu to switch between tracks.

--
Ron Frazier