[mythtv-users] Different program ids for same program on different EIT sources

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Tue Jun 26 17:27:55 UTC 2012

I have both a DVB-S and a DVB-T tuner in my MythTV box receiving
FreeView and FreeSat meaning that most channels are available on both.
I have set up both to use the on-air guide as a video source.

Unfortunately, I've found that I'm getting different program IDs for the
same program via the two different sources, meaning that I'm getting
duplicate recordings for many programs.

For example:

+------------+---------------------+-----------------------+----------+
| callsign   | starttime           | programid             | sourceid |
+------------+---------------------+-----------------------+----------+
| ITV1       | 2012-06-24 20:00:00 | www.itv.com/12208784  |        1 |
| ITV1       | 2012-06-24 20:00:00 | www.itv.com/627368784 |        2 |

For other programs it's fine:

+--------------+---------------------+----------------------------+----------+
| callsign     | starttime           | programid                  |
sourceid |
+--------------+---------------------+----------------------------+----------+
| Channel 4    | 2012-06-26 12:40:00 | www.channel4.com/52030/001 |
    1 |
| Channel 4 HD | 2012-06-26 12:40:00 | www.channel4.com/52030/001 |
    2 |
| Channel 4    | 2012-06-26 12:40:00 | www.channel4.com/52030/001 |
    2 |

By the look of it, it's only a problem on the various ITV channels.

Can anyone suggest any solutions, other than disabling the channels on
one or other tuner?

thanks,

Paul