[mythtv-users] OT - UEFI, Secure Boot, Fedora and nVidia drivers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 16:38:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 12:23 -0400, George Galt wrote:
[snip]
> Am I reading this correctly?  If so, does anyone have any thoughts
> about how to address this issue?  If I disable secure boot from
> BIOS/UEFI, would I be able to run unsigned nVidia drivers or would I
> also need to rebuild my kernel to run unsigned drivers?  Is it too
> early to know?

Ubuntu plan to provide a signed loader that will 'just work' with
existing kernels and drivers.  See here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-June/035445.html

FWIW iff everything that Ubuntu claim comes to be then we can continue
to build custom kernels, modules and use binary blobs.

--
Lawrence