[mythtv-users] can't mount windows share, returns error code of "mount error(115): Operation now in progress"

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:33:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Gabe:
>>>
>>> I don't recall if Windows boxes will answer a ping, but have you tried
>>> a simple ping to the correct address, just to see if the myth box can
>>> find the windows box?
>>>
>> I should have mentioned earlier, I tried to do a ping, but was unsuccesful:
>>

>>> Also, can you ssh from the Windows box to the myth box?
>>
>> Yes.  And I can log into mythweb locally.
>>>
>>> My guess is that there is some portion of your router that thinks it
>>> or some of your boxes are on the 192.168.0 subnet.
>>>

>> How would I go about diagnosing this?  I changed the IP address to
>> 192.168.1.1 and didn't see any other references.
>>
>> I reset the server settings and tried to mount using the 192.168.0.100
>> address that the router assigned to my windows box (my mythbox was
>> 192.168.0.101 in this configuration) and I got the same error.
>>> George
>
> You can check the windows ip address with the command ipconfig or for
> more info ipconfig /all
>
> (Obviously you do this in a cmd windows on the windows box)

Thanks.  This was the first step I tried to confirm the gateway and IP
address were all correct.  I did notice that with the new router, it
was appearing to try and assign an IPv6 address as well.  I restarted
after unchecking that box in the network control panel, but it still
gave me an IPv6 address.  I wonder if that is the issue because when I
googled the CIFS error code I was getting, it typically was the result
of a computer having two IP addresses.