[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play blu-rays?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Jun 26 11:25:29 UTC 2012

On 26/06/2012 12:07, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 26 June 2012 20:57, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> On 25/06/2012 15:30, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>>
>>> Just bought a Blu-ray drive for my gf's frontend, but then read
>>> of BD+ not being supported. Is that still the case? What are
>>> people's experiences? Are most current releases using BD+ and
>>> hence unsupported?
>>

>> No takers? Guess I'll try again with a different title.
>
> There's a full bluray wiki entry, with lots of details of what you can do...

Yeah, I read that and BD+ isn't supported. I'm trying to find out how
much that matters. Are most current releases BD+, making MythTV a pretty
useless Blu-ray player, or are they fairly rare? Someone out here shoud
know, but getting an answer out of this list is like... well... I don't
know... like trying to get someone to look over a submitted source
patch! :-)

Cheers,
     Paul.