[mythtv-users] MythTV AirPlay noob

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:11:54 UTC 2012

On 26 June 2012 20:40, Glen <glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Thanks all.
> I am on track now. I have just put the key in and tried to play a video
> my wife took on her iphone. It brought up a "please wait" screen but
> caused the frontend to crash. I am going to try with my ipod, it
> actually has music and movies on it... unfortunately it is flat.
> Fingers crossed.

you only need the RSA key for playing audio.
You do not need a key to play video+audio  However, you do need to
start mythfrontend with MYTHTV_AIRPLAY=1 env variable set

Read the wiiki entry: you can't play DRMed video. So any videos you
have on your iPhone that you downloaded for the iTunes store: you
can't play them