[mythtv-users] mythtv and intel on CPU graphics

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun Jun 24 18:28:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM, william otten <williammotten at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM, william otten <williammotten at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Here is the thread
>>

>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view_flat;post=502047;page=1;mh=-1;list=mythtv;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC
>>
>> There were a few of us working with Mark Kendall back in Jan and then
>> he left and I tried to get replies to see if others were going to step
>> in but I never got any reply.
>>
>> Sorry for the top post.

>> > Please don't top-post.
>> >
>> > What are you on about ?
>> >
>> > When did any "development stopped" ?
>> >

> Since there hasn't been a reply to address whether vaapi and sandy bridge
> processors will work in mythtv....I think it is only fair to say that this
> issue is still open.
> Thanks

I confirmed earlier in this thread that I am successfully and stably
using VAAPI with my Sandy Bridge Core i3-2120T, and I gave details
about my system configuration (library versions, etc.). One key aspect
for me was to ensure the GUI painter was using Auto or OpenGL;
otherwise it fails with a generic error message.

'top' reports CPU usage around 6-7% for NTSC MPEG2 (recordings from
Hauppauge PVR-500) or x264-encoded DVDs.

Karl