[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 17:03:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/08/2012 04:23 PM, Jerry wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> Specifically, you want to go into each of the 3 "views" available in
>>> Video
>>> Library (Gallery, Browse, and List) and "Show Directory Structure"
>>> (meaning
>>> the MENU should offer, "Hide Directory Structure," to allow you to change
>>> the setting) and enable "Browse Library (recommended)" (meaning the MENU
>>> should say, "Browse Filesystem (slow)," to allow you to change the
>>> setting).  Then, once you've configured all 3 views appropriately, choose
>>> the one whose interface looks best to you/works best for you.
>>>

>> I'm having difficulty seeing the fanart when I switch to "Browse Library
>> (recommended)"  It all disappears and reappears when I switch back to
>> "Browse Filesystem (slow)".  Is this expected behavior?  I'm also crashing
>> mythfrontend when I change this setting back and forth, but that's another
>> issue.
>

> As the behavior you're describing is /exactly/ opposite what it should be
> (i.e. with "Browse Filesystem (slow)" enabled, you won't get metadata), I
> think you're misinterpreting the UI.
>
> As I tried (clumsily--because it's extremely hard to describe) to explain in
> my post, above, the MENU will show the opposite-of-currently-selected
> option.  So when Video Library is properly configured, the MENU should say,
> "Browse Filesystem (slow)," indicating if you press that button, you will be
> browsing the file system and ignoring all metadata.  Similarly, you probably
> want the MENU to say, "Hide Directory Structure," (meaning that you're
> showing the structure and that pressing the button will hide it).
>
> We're discussing ways of improving the UI to make this less confusing.
>

> Mike

Now that I've been able to properly scan my music library with
MythMusic I am beginning to play with it in earnest.
First, I can't get sound out, while sound everywhere else works. So
that's an issue.

But beyond that, I am on my fastest frontent, an Athlon X2 3200+ with
2GB of RAM, and I did some tests:
To scroll through my entire Artists list it takes 05min8.97seconds, my
thumb almost gave out a few times, but I managed.
If I just slowly scroll through the UI, be it Artist, Album, etc,
sometimes it can take upwards of 10 seconds to move to the next entry!
The Smart Playlist Editor takes roughly 3 seconds to move from field
to field. The overall UI is very slow. In the Edit Criteria window
when selecting the criteria, it almost alwaysl "freezes" and does not
move to the next criteria for anywhere from 5-10seconds. Almost as
though it's loading the entire db for that criteria option.
In the playlist editor, if I choose an Artist then Album, the tracks
There is no criteria that lets me input the filepath.
MUSIC IS SORTED BY TRACK NAME?! at least it looks to be properly
sorted in the "Current Play List View", though I don't know what it
uses for the sort criteria?
Search View seems to load the entire music library?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!