[mythtv-users] Fedora 12 upgrade for 0.25 ?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sat Jun 23 13:50:30 UTC 2012

On 23 June 2012 14:18, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

>  I'm experiencing the joys of Fedora's short life span...F12 is already
> unsupported on ATRPMS !  Next time I'll use CentOS, but for now:
>
> Are the 0.25 RPM's for F12?  If so, where / how do I get them?
>
> If not, can I compile Myth 0.25 from source?  Or would QT versions etc
> bite me as I fight for prerequisite packages?
>
> If no to both...them I'm off to Centos 6

Mythdora has 0.25 rpms

You can add this into your /etc/yum.repos.d/mythdora.repo

[mythdora]
name=MythDora $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=
http://devel.mythdora.com/mirrors/mythdora/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mythdora.com/mirrorlist/$releasever/release-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

[mythdora-updates]
name=MythDora $releasever Updates - $basearch
#baseurl=
http://devel.mythdora.com/mirrors/mythdora/updates/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mythdora.com/mirrorlist/$releasever/updates-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

[mythdora-testing]
name=MythDora $releasever Testing - $basearch
#baseurl=
http://devel.mythdora.com/mirrors/mythdora/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=
http://mythdora.com/mirrorlist/$releasever/updates-testing-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

#EOF

Then run

1) Backup your database
2) Reset your theme to the Stock Terra Theme (only the base-themes package
is available right now)
2) Remove all myth rpms with this command , it's major upgrade and some
packages no longer exist (don't blow away the mythdora rpm)
- rpm -qa | grep -i myth | grep -v mythdora | xargs rpm -e --nodeps
3) Run the following yum command:
- yum --enablerepo=mythdora-testing clean all
4) Run the install command for mythtv
- yum --enablerepo=mythdora-testing install mythtv

also some fixes for nuvexport here

http://www.mythdora.com/?q=node/5924#comment-22932

Cheers,

Anthony