[mythtv-users] 8400GS -> GT 430 -> ?? (60Hz, VDPAU High Quality)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:30:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> After reading this thread, it makes me think this wiki article has incorrect
> information about which cards offer Advanced 2X without artefacts:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Card_status
>
> Specifically should the GT430/Advanced (2x) entry be updated with a caveat?

As I think I suggested in another thread, a missing column in
the table is the content frequency.  The GT430(*) is reportedly
adequate in 50Hz content countries.  And then there is the column
that reflects ones tolerance to jitter.  Some never see what others
cringe at (this column would be hard to objectively evaluate).  And
then there is the column for ability to sync to the actual frequency
(not 30Hz, but 29.997, not 60Hz by 59.94Hz), and the obvious ones
like HDMI audio support.

I, for one, would welcome someone trying to codify the various caveats,
but, unfortunately, I suspect the table would need to be 5+ dimensional,
or the caveats would each need their own wiki article (and that even
presumes one could agree on the caveats("citation needed")).

Gary

(*) The "standard" GT430.  There are those overclocked, underclocked,
using different memories, etc.