[mythtv-users] How to record a TV serial

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Tue Jun 19 20:50:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 09:11:22AM +0200, Karl Dietz wrote:
>Are you setting up a rule to a specific time? looking at the guide e.g.
>Galileo is +/- 1 minute in the evening and +/-3 minutes in the morning.

Yes, the rule is to record daily at this time. I would wish Mythtv would
be more tolerant to such divergences. The title of the programme is the
same. And I set the options so that the recordings starts 5 minutes
earlier and stops 10 minutes later. This should always match.

>Your recording rules should be "record all" for both shows. If you have
>anything else you are doing something wrong.
>("record all on this channel" would work, too. But I avoid it to keep
>things simple. e.g. when recording crime series that run on ZDF with
>repeats on ZDFneo)

Okay, I tried it with taff. I switched to „record all on this channel”
and all taff shows are shown. Sadly the description is the same for all
episodes (at least today), so the recurrence check deactivates all
recordings. Besides that I have now the nocturnal shows in the recording
list as well which is annoying because the backend isn’t running at
night.

 From my point of view I don’t like this. What I’m missing is the ability
to look for programmes in the programming guide and use the data for
manual recordings without switching menus. But thanks for your help.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |