[mythtv-users] How to record a TV serial

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Mon Jun 18 16:26:47 UTC 2012

Hi!

Hardware: Cine S2 V6 Dual Tuner Sat card
Mythtv: 0.25.1-dmo1, mythfilldatabase runs daily

I want to record two TV serials broadcasted by the German channel Pro 7.
One is Galileo (runs daily between 19:05 and 20:15), the other is taff
(runs from Monday to Friday between 17:00 and 18:00).

I tried manual recording first, and everything worked as expected.
To get the meta information I am using the programming guide
(Programmübersicht in my German version). But what ever I try, this is
not reliable. The EPG information of Pro 7 are about three days ahead. So
in the case of Galileo for example I expect the following if I set the
recording on Sunday morning: the recording plan (Aufnahmeplan in German)
should show a Galileo recording from Sunday to Wednesday. At Monday the
list should show Galileo on Thursday as well.

But this doesn’t really work. Instead of seeing the recordings from
Sunday to Wednesday, it can happen that Monday is missing, even if
Galileo is shown in the programming guide. Sometimes an entry is
vanishing from the list, e.g. I see the Tuesday recording on Monday, but
if I check on Tuesday, the planned recording has vanished.

I tried to deactivate the check for recurrence, but it doesn’t change
anything. Taff has the same problems.

Now I’m wondering if this is a problem with the channel Pro 7 or with
mythtv. For now I will get back to manual recordings because this is more
reliable.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--