[mythtv-users] Kernel Crash when starting up in au828-video.c line 895

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Sun Jun 17 06:00:57 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 20:38 -0500, Rollerfeet, Johnny wrote:
> I saw this as a previous topic in early April, but I didn't see a
> resolution. I am having problems adding a USB Hauppage 950Q to my
> Mythbuntu system. Oddly, it was working fine in a previous box (with a
> slower Intel CPU), but when I started with a fresh install my
> new(-to-me) AMD system I can't get MythTV to load when the USB tuner
> is connected.
>
> I'm going to continue building out the system, but someone please save
> me from telling my wife I'm going to buy new tuners.

<snip>

Patch the driver and it will work just fine.  The problem isn't solved,
it just throws an error instead of crashing.  The patch was rejected by
the V4L maintainers and I've seen no progress on getting the root cause
resolved.  The bug is with the driver but the error wasn't triggered by
MythTV until recent versions (of Myth).

-- Harry O.