[mythtv-users] 0.25 mythfilldatabase error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 16 14:55:43 UTC 2012

On 06/16/2012 09:50 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 23:09 -0400, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
>> I saw this bug, but my schedulesdirect username does not have an @ symbol (and I confirmed the username is set correctly in mythtv-setup)
> Just for the record, as the original reporter on that ticket, changing
> my ShedulesDirect username to one without an @ did not fix the problem
> for me either. I don't think it will ever work correctly for me again
> until I have time to upgrade my system, and thus my version of Qt (a
> weekend-long project that needs to be done at some point anyway).
>
> What I do for now is use "tv_grab_na_dd" to get the SD data, then use
> "mythfilldatabase --file" to load it.
>
> DISCLAIMER: I have been told that I should not do this by one of the
> developers, but it has been working for me and there is really no
> alternative for me.

That developer told you to use --dd-file instead of --file.

$ mythfilldatabase --help

--dd-file                       Bypass grabber, and read SD data from file
   --lineupid                      DataDirect lineup of input xml file
   --offset                        Day offset of input xml file
   --xmlfile                       XML file to import manually

after using tv_grab_na_dd --dd-data to get a raw-format Schedules
Direct/DataDirect listings file.

Mike