[mythtv-users] mythtv and intel on CPU graphics

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Jun 14 21:42:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 07:46 -0500, John Nissley wrote:

> I started with a fresh fedora 16 build so really no xorg configuration
> to speak of and the video works and the CPU is only running between 50
> and 70 percent on opengl playback however I would really like to use the
> intel acceleration however can not really seem to figure out how to do
> that because every time I start messing with the xorg config my screen
> will blank after 10 minutes even after I disable all screen saving
> measures in KDE and start mythfrontend with xset dpms force on and xset
> s off.

Don't think that xset command is doing what you want.  force causes the
specified mode to instantly take effect but doesn't lock it; it will
still blank back out after the timeout.  You would use "xset dpms force
on" from a script to force the display on.  To totally disable it I
think "xset dpms 0 0 0" is what you want to use.