[mythtv-users] Channel Group Menu - is there a keybinding?

David Hofstra dave at dhofstra.com
Thu Jun 14 17:49:58 UTC 2012

I use Channel Groups in mythfrontend to store different user's preferred
channel lists (i.e. myFavs, Wife's Favs, Kids, Movies, etc) during LiveTV.

The only easy way I can (currently) figure out how to change channel groups
is that the user has to bring up the guide, and then send a "/" to cycle
through the channel lists in the Guide.

(I have the following settings checked which really seems to me to be the
best way to use Channel Groups in LiveTV (these settings have to be
selected to see menu options I mention later in this email

     TvSettings --> General --> "Remember Last Channel Group" &
"Browse/Change Channels from Channel Group")

*Question #1:*  The text for "Remember Last Channel Group" says: 'If
enabled, the EPG will initially display only the channels from the last
channel group selected.  Pressing "4" will toggle the channel group'.    It
sounds like "4" would allow the user to toggle the channel groups, but it
just tunes to channel 4.   It doesn't seem like this text is correct, in
that it implies there is some way to change the channel groups with a 4
keypress.   Is there a way to use "4" (or some other key) to change channel
groups that I am missing?

*Question #2:*  In LiveTV, there is a great menu that presents the user
with a choice of channel lists (instead of just cycling through them).   I
would love to program a button on my remote that would bring up this menu
directly.   I can't seem to find anything in the key editor, or jumppoints
that would allow me to access this menu with a button.  Does anyone know if
there is (or could be) a keybinding for the LiveTV Channel Group Selection
Menu?   See below for the menu I am asking about:

     During LiveTV --> 'm' -->  Playback --> Channel Groups  ---- This
brings up an excellent channel groups selection menu, but I have to do 10
or 12 clicks to get to it.   I suppose I could try to 'chain together' a
bunch of Lirc commands, but that would still be slow, and I assume it would
fail sometimes....

I appreciate any help or advice..