[mythtv-users] Recordings Fail for one DVB-T multiplex

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jun 14 16:46:30 UTC 2012

On 14/06/12 17:19, phipps-hutton at sky.com wrote:
> Quoting Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>:
>> A footnote here: Despite the fact that we are supposed to be completely over
>> and done with the digital switchover here (Hannington: North Hampshire),
>> yesterday I saw a notice saying that we will have to retune yet again within
>> the next month. I didn't notice the date as I was not expecting to see such a
>> warning again.
>>
>> I've no idea why this is necessary and I haven't yet ferreted around to find
>> the reason. It's possible the same may be happening with you. I *love* having
>> to re-scan.
>
> Now that all the analogue transmitters have been turned off for the whole
> country there are lots of spaces in the spectrum that are not used. Ofcom could
> have created more Freeview muxes for more FreeviewHD channels but has instead
> opted for squashing all the muxes down to one end so it can sell off the other end.
>
> Hope this doesn't depress you too much,
> Tim.

Actually, it seems that according to
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SU527568 if you scroll down a bit, there's a
new table showing the relationship between muxes, channels and frequencies by
date. This indicates that there will be four new muxes by 2015. I can't imagine
that there will be anything worth watching on any of them, though.

--

Mike Perkins