[mythtv-users] OSD problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 14 14:04:04 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 03:53 PM, Stefan D wrote:

>>> Broken theme install?
> No that didn't help =( Anything else i could try?

Then I'd guess you have a broken Playback Profile(s) in your selected
Playback Profile group.  The easiest fix would be do either just switch
to a never-modified-from-the-original "example" Playback Profile group
(like Slim or VDPAU Slim)--assuming you are using a custom-created
one--or if you're using an example group, reset them all to proper
defaults as described at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles#Default_profile_groups .
Then, after the restart, go back through settings and choose an
appropriate example group.

I think someone on here said something about somehow setting up a
Playback Profile with an incompatible OSD renderer, leading to no OSD
showing, but I can't find the reference.

Mike