[mythtv-users] mythtv and intel on CPU graphics

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Jun 14 12:46:42 UTC 2012

This is my first venture into graphics other than nvidia since it
appears that intel graphics has come a long way I thought I would give
it a try.

I started with a fresh fedora 16 build so really no xorg configuration
to speak of and the video works and the CPU is only running between 50
and 70 percent on opengl playback however I would really like to use the
intel acceleration however can not really seem to figure out how to do
that because every time I start messing with the xorg config my screen
will blank after 10 minutes even after I disable all screen saving
measures in KDE and start mythfrontend with xset dpms force on and xset
s off.

I have tried using the VAAPI Normal setting in the video set up since I
read that is for the intel graphics however using that setting uses as
much CPU as the High Quality video setting.

Any help would be appreciated.