[mythtv-users] Recordings Fail for one DVB-T multiplex

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:16:41 UTC 2012

I'm in the UK on the Crystal Palace transmitter (DVB-T), running 0.25 fixes.

I've just noticed that ITV4 and Film4 recordings are failing.

Both these channels are on the COM6 multiplex, so probably that whole
multiplex is failing to tune (I don't have any of the other channels
on it marked as visible).

It's probably been like this since the channels and multiplexes were
shuffled around during the digital switch-over at the end of April.

Nothing obvious in the backend log; recordings proceed normally but no
recording file gets created.

Live TV shows a Partial Lock in the OSD, but never tunes.

My freeview TV is able to tune the channels directly using the same
antenna feed that goes to my two USB capture devices.

Both capture devices are affected because I've scheduled recordings on each.

I've tried a full rescan.

I've tried a rescan of just that transport.

I've edited the transport to set some of the parameters to explicit
values rather than  'Auto' ; and modified the frequency, which was set
to 530MHz instead of 529.8MHz and done a rescan.

The scan seems successful.  It finds 15 channels. The only unusual
thing I noticed is that it detects an unused transport, which I've not
seen before.  I've tried all three options that MythTV offers on what
to do with it (delete, ignore etc) with no good effect.

I'm kind of stumped.  I can carry on fiddling around but there are an
awful lot of combinations of things to try.  Any advice much
appreciated.