[mythtv-users] OSD problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 13 19:34:02 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 03:08 PM, Stefan D wrote:
> Somehow i don't get any OSD information on one of my frontends.
> Browsing channels in LiveTV works, but i don't get any OSD when i try
> to show info, pause, change volume and so on.
>
> I tried to start mythfrontend with -v osd to see any error message,
> but didn't see anything. Does anyone have a clue on what i could try
> to fix this?

Broken theme install?  Shut down mythfrontend, then:

rm -r ~/.mythtv/{themes,{{theme,remote,thumb}cache}}

then restart, then go to the Theme Chooser, then select the desired
theme (it likely won't show up because you'll be using an override
because of a missing theme), then select the same theme again for good
measure, then restart mythfrontend.

Mi