[mythtv-users] MythTV and power cuts

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:31:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on how to keep going a mythtv machine in
a place which has a lot of powercuts. Until now I have been using an
APC ups along with excellent apcupsd software to switch off the
machine on power failure and bring it back on when power restoration.
Unfortunately, I have had to change the batteries every couple of
months since they stop holding their power after a few cycles.

I am wondering whether i can do away with the UPS and build a system
which can survive power cuts. Is it possible to have a ready only
rootfs and have mysql/mythtv BE on an separate rw file system which is
tolerant.

Any other idea?

Thanks