[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:50:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Preston Crow
>>>
>>> I believe there was already a whole thread about that topic, including
>>> a script that does exactly that.
>>
>> Schedules Direct has issued a number of versions of such scripts,
>> and they seem to work reasonably.  However, the anecdotal
>> evidence seems to suggest that (only a) few people in (only a)
>> few areas are actually running it (regularly).
>
> The scripts haven't really been productized yet.  I tried it, it
> worked, I uploaded my results, and I haven't had a chance to try it
> again lately.
>
> The part of the script that's lacking is that it's not trivial to
> automate having it run regularly in the background. It requires
> having both a cable card and a clear qam tuner available (not in use
> or about to be in use by mythtv).

I made updates to make it more script-friendly; parameters can be
passed on the command line, and a non-Prime is just used to make sure
that the tuning information received is actually usable. (There are
channels like "FEARnet" that keep showing up in a Prime scan, but that
fail the "can you actually tune it and get good data?" with a
non-prime.