[mythtv-users] 0.25 - mythvideo scanning broken

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:03:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> the only frontend that is able to properly scan for videos is on my
> backend machine, none of my other frontends work. oddly, the videos
> are all stored on another machine, and when I use the frontend on that
> machine, it removes some of the videos (for no apparent reason).
>
> this is very strange, and new, behavior. has anyone else noticed this?

now i'm noticing that if I run a scan on another frontend it removes
the files the first frontend added, including the frontend on which
the files exist.

2012-06-11 22:00:56.882763 I [17674/17695] VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:280 (verifyFiles) - Removing file SG(mythbackend)
:TV/True Blood/Season5/True Blood - s05e01 - Turn! Turn! Turn!.mkv:

but no reason is given as to why? what is it about the "verify" that
is causing it to remove the files?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!