[mythtv-users] Mini Coax connectors

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jun 11 03:16:45 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> On Sunday, 10 June 2012, Mike Perkins wrote:
> >  60's. We were always told to assume a 3db loss for any connector
> >  inserted into a test line.
> >
> This is also what I've been told to assume for any adapter added to
> a 75 ohms antenna cable: assume 3db losses

Note that an adapter is *2 connectors*, so one of those things has to be
incorrect, and in fact 3db is a *lot* of loss, I wouldn't expect that from
an adapter even if it was changing the characteristic impedance of the cable.

0.1db is *high*.

And in fact, a couple of hams polled on the topic agree with me, with good
arguments to back them up:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?297709-RF-connector-adapter-loss

Cheers,
-- jra