[mythtv-users] HTTP progressive download possible?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jun 9 20:47:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-09, at 4:01 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On Saturday, 9 June 2012, George Nassas wrote:
> HTTP streams are meant to be played through a web browser or a custom client
>
> Http live streaming has never been restricted to playing only in web browser.

Errr, is there an echo in here? "custom client" != web browser

>  Myth frontend as of 0.25 can play video file accessed across http://; provided they are a direct link to a media file (such as mp4, avi etc)
> Seeking is possible on some file; but not all.
>
> In 0.26; myth frontend can also play HLS stream directly.

That's a nice feature. I saw the commit go by but didn't try it until now. Is there a way to tell it open a stream besides the telnet interface?

I just tried playing a myth HLS stream on an iPad and then throwing it to a myth frontend via airplay and it actually worked although there was a fair amount of stuttering. Still, it's very clever.

- George