[mythtv-users] Problems since upgrading to a Turbosite TBS6280 for DVB-T2 capture

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jun 9 12:08:39 UTC 2012

On 09/06/12 07:29, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 08/06/12 23:20, Simon Jones wrote:
>> You only setup the HD channels on the one tuner, then set the multi
>> record up, i set it to 5, that allows live tv and recordings across
>> the one tuner and then i have all the rest of freeview on 3 SD DVB-T
>> tuners.
>
> I am struggling a bit to fully understand.  When you say "set the multi-record
> up" do you mean in setup/capturecards/recordingoptions "Max Recordings"?
>
> Is there a a way you can limit this card to just the HD channels?

Mine is set up as a separate source. This just has the HD channels in it.

>> It only has the HD on one tuner so can only record from that, BUT i
>> have BBC One HD as channel 101 etc so a seperate channel number to the
>> SD 1... as i like it like that, some people will say that's wrong but
>> each to your own....

There's no point. BBC 1 HD is channel 50 (DVB-T), so there's no chance it can be
confused with BBC 1 SD (Channel 1).

> Again, not sure what you mean here.  I have been reading up about scheduling,
> and it seems to say you edit the callsign for the HD channel to match the call
> sign for the non HD version, but it doesn't say anything about channel numbers.
> From the scanning it allocates BBC One HD to channel 50.   What is the benefit
> of changing that to Channel 101?

If you want HD recordings, it is better to leave the callsigns different. The
scheduler is smart enough to find programmes on two different channels and
prefer one over the other according to the way you set your priorities.

The callsign matching, as I understand it, is primarily intended for the US
market where such things matter. That field is almost meaningless in the UK.
Since all DVB-T channels have unique channel numbers right across the UK, using
the number is sufficient of an identifier.

- This does not address the situation where you might wish access to two
different local BBC/ITV transmissions, say SouthEast and London. In that case
you might find some channels put up in the 800s. Still not a problem, since
you'll want the different programming each supplies.

--

Mike Perkins