[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Fri Jun 8 22:01:30 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 02:22 PM, Patrick Davila wrote:
> You need to setup a home profile before trying to access your recordings
> the first time. Go to the 'PREFS' on the top of the screen. I would try
> streaming using the medium or low quality profile. You can also adjust
> resolution and video bitrate accordingly for your device in the playback
> profiles. Let me find out where they want bugs reported.
>
> Pat

I did.  I have an Asus Transformer that's rooted and I have openvpn installed.
I can connect to my house network and bring up the mythweb page fine, and I set
up the android app with a profile to my backend ip address and it still gives
that error message.

I did try setting up a ssh tunnel through connectbot and setting the profile in
the app to use localhost:6544, but it gave the same error.

I'll submit a bug report at the links that have been provide.

Thanks!
Scott