[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Jun 8 20:23:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

Specifically, you want to go into each of the 3 "views" available in Video
> Library (Gallery, Browse, and List) and "Show Directory Structure" (meaning
> the MENU should offer, "Hide Directory Structure," to allow you to change
> the setting) and enable "Browse Library (recommended)" (meaning the MENU
> should say, "Browse Filesystem (slow)," to allow you to change the
> setting).  Then, once you've configured all 3 views appropriately, choose
> the one whose interface looks best to you/works best for you.

I'm having difficulty seeing the fanart when I switch to "Browse Library
(recommended)"  It all disappears and reappears when I switch back to
"Browse Filesystem (slow)".  Is this expected behavior?  I'm also crashing
mythfrontend when I change this setting back and forth, but that's another
issue.

I just upgraded to 0.25/fixes a few days ago (via rpmfusion on FC16).
Here's the relevant version information:

[mythtv at sirius ~]$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : 0.25-6.fc16 (1a671d0)
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
using_libudf

I'm liking things thus far!

Jerry