[mythtv-users] Screensaver leaves black screen after resume with OpenGL painter

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Fri Jun 8 15:29:31 UTC 2012

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Does switching to another (full screen) application and/or switching to
> another virtual desktop/workspace and then back to
> mythfrontend/mythfrontend's virtual desktop/workspace cause mythfrontend
> to repaint?

I have the same/a similar problem, but only with mythwelcome. When I
start it, it only shows the background (the blue/green checked pattern
from the arclight theme). It reacts to the remote control and keyboard
meaning I can start the frontend from there.

When I switch to a different virtual terminal (CTRL+F8) and back the
screen gets repainted and all the usual informations show up. It doesn't
help just to switch to a different workspce.

It happens on two different systems with 0.25+fixes from the Mythbuntu
repo. The first is Ubuntu 10.04 with an Nvidia graphics card (latest
driver), the second Ubuntu 12.04 with integrated Intel graphics.

Thomas