[mythtv-users] Screensaver leaves black screen after resume with OpenGL painter

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:43:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/08/2012 01:18 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>> I use the glslideshow module of the xscreensaver package (version
>> 5.15-r1) to show my photos when myth is idle. With 0.25-fixes,
>> unfortunately it seems that once the screensaver activates, it leaves
>> myth with a black screen after deactivation of the screen saver when
>> using the Auto or OpenGL painter. This happens with both mythwelcome
>> and mythfrontend in the GUI or with video playback paused (using VAAPI
>> or OpenGL playback profiles). The interface still responds to lirc
>> events, but the screen is permanently black until the app in question
>> is closed and restarted.
>

> Does switching to another (full screen) application and/or switching to
> another virtual desktop/workspace and then back to
> mythfrontend/mythfrontend's virtual desktop/workspace cause mythfrontend to
> repaint?
>
> Mike

I'm not sure how to go about testing that. Myth runs exclusively on
this system, with evilwm as the window manager. I'm not even sure if
has virtual desktops, or which other full-screen app I could use for
testing. Maybe xine or mplayer? It's a little challenging without a
keyboard but I can try to do something.

Thanks,

Karl