[mythtv-users] ACPI Wakeup stopped working

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:36:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I assume it's something I did wrong, but I can't think of what I might
have done, other than installing OS (Mythbuntu 11.10) updates

I noticed that suddenly ACPI Wakeup isn't working anymore. I've set it
up according to the wiki page, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup
, and it has been working perfectly since I built the current machine
last August. I didn't make any configuration changes recently.

I followed the manual tests and it seemed to indicate that it was working:

$ sudo sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
$ sudo sh -c "echo `date '+%s' -d '+ 15 minutes'` >
/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
$ cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time	: 01:16:30
rtc_date	: 2012-06-08
alrm_time	: 01:31:23
alrm_date	: 2012-06-08
alarm_IRQ	: yes
alrm_pending	: no
update IRQ enabled	: no
periodic IRQ enabled	: no
periodic IRQ frequency	: 1024
max user IRQ frequency	: 64
24hr		: yes
periodic_IRQ	: no
update_IRQ	: no
HPET_emulated	: yes
BCD		: yes
DST_enable	: no
periodic_freq	: 1024
batt_status	: okay

but then when I shut down and wait, the machine doesn't turn back on.
Since the manual steps are not working, I guess it's probably not
directly a MythTV problem.

I'm running Mythbuntu 11.10, with latest updates (as far as I know),
and Myth version:

$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.25.1-1-g016db04
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.7.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Anyone have a similar problem, or can suggest anything that I can investigate?

I did have a problem a few days ago where, somehow, the OS/database
filesystem filled up, and it took a bit to make MySQL happy again, but
I'm nearly positive that wakeup was still working after that.

Thanks,
aaron