[mythtv-users] Dual Head MythTV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jun 7 20:05:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Specifying a settings override on every start of your system is wrong.

Meh.  The extra few microseconds to parse the options is unnoticeable.
 Nothing really bad happens from doing it this way.

>  Instead, you need to properly configure the system, then you only use an
> override to, er, override a normally-correct setting for a single session if
> you need to run mythfrontend differently for some reason

I do it this way because I don't have a "normally-correct setting".
It depends on my mood and what else I happen to be doing.

marvin% grep mythfrontend .fvwm2rc
+               "tiny" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 320x240 &
+               "tiny-wide" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 320x180 &
+               "small" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 640x480 &
+               "small-wide" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 640x360 &
+               "normal" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 800x600 &
+               "normal-wide" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 800x450 &
+               "large" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 1024x768 &
+               "large-wide" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 1024x576 &
+               "720" Exec mythfrontend --geometry 1280x720 &
+               "full" Exec mythfrontend &

Ideally the frontend should be able to toggle between windowed and
fullscreen and tolerate being resized without being restarted.  Until
then, --geometry is all there is.

Eric