[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] MythTV storage groups can't see 2nd hard drive

JCF Junkmail jcf_junkmail at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 07:30:11 UTC 2012

Thanks Alex and Simon for the further clarification on my previous statement.  That's very good news for me as I really didn't want to go through changing my partition strategy.  Even more importantly, I learned something new.

Still need to get my head around some details.  For example, folders only allow for one group (I believe).  So my current plan of action is to set "/content" as something no one can write to (and possibly not read neither), just execute and assign it a group common to all users. Within there, set other folders with different groups assigned (with mythmedia being a separate one) and allowing more flexibility for the different purposes.
I'll do experiments this evening and report back.  Not so much for you guys who are so knowledgeable, but for the newbies reading this mailing list on the web.  From personal experience, I know that forums are brilliant. I've been able to teach myself how to build this box from scratch just by reading 2,3 year old posts, and now it's taking over the house (I may well call it Hal at some point in the future).

PS: Appologies for top-posting.