[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:01:23 UTC 2012

On 5 June 2012 13:57, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is my exact upgrade path:
>
> 1. From Mythbuntu 8.04 and MythTV 0.20 to Mythbuntu 10.04 and MythTV 0.23
> - Here all worked fine and I even noticed slight improvement in tuning and
> LiveTV quality
>
> 2. From MythTV 0.23 to MythTV 0.24 (Mythbuntu 10.04)
> - Here the tuning brakes
>
> 3. From MythTV 0.24 to MythTV 0.25 (Mythbuntu 10.04)
> - Same
>
> Igor

Sigh...

Of course, something must have become broken in MythTV... What else could it be.

There has obviously been no upgrade whatsoever to the DVB-T drivers in
the linux kernel in the past 4 years.
The change from ubuntu 8.04 to ubuntu 10.04 was of course a minor one,
and the only possible explanation on why scanning worked back over 4
years ago is due to change to the way mythtv scan channels..

Interestingly, if you look at mythtv changes history, you would have
found that the channel scanner is probably the part of myth that has
changed the least in all those years, changes being mostly about
adding support for new frequencies...