[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:59:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net>wrote:

> On 4 June 2012 23:29, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This issue is mostly specific to the DVB-T adapter used and none of
>>> them will behave the same.
>>>

>>   Agree, and this one worked fine on 0.20.
>>

>>> The better solution is to stick with DVB-T adapters known to work with
>>> MythTV
>>>

>>  Such as?
>>
>>  Looks like there should be a list of tuners best supported per MythTV
>> release :)
>>

>> The HDHR DVB Version seems to work well enough in Aus.
>
> The last time I rescanned I had no issues.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply it's good to know that. The point I want to make here
is that everything is relative :). If someone asked me couple of weeks ago
while I was still on 0.20 would I recommend my tuner card for DVB-T on
MythTV I would have said YES. But now when I moved to 0.24 and 0.25 I can't
say that can I ?!

In your case I would say "HDHR DVB Version seems to work well enough in Aus
in the CURRENT MythTV version you are running on your box". As you can see
from my experience that can change in 0.27 lets say due to some DB table
change or what ever.

Cheers,
Igor