[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 05:27:59 UTC 2012

Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot for the email mate you saved me lots of time of googling and
collecting information about this issue! And is good to know that I'm not
going nuts and that channel tuning is well known problem in Australia.

I'm at work atm and the stupid IT security policy here doesn't allow me to
open the links you sent me so will have to wait until I get home
tonight. The news about broken import of channels.conf
is particularly upsetting for me since that was the next thing I wanted to
try *sigh*.

The tuner was happily working for 4 years on mythtv 0.20 and mythbuntu 8.04
although the cx88xx module was not recognizing the card properly and needed
little bit of help. After the upgrade to 0.23 all looked good as well but
when I moved to 0.24 the problems started. I guess there have been some
file and database changes during the process that ruined the fun for me. As
you mentioned the frequencies stored in the DB are not exactly correct so
wonder if I can fix this manually by editing the transponders in the
backend config or maybe strait in the database?

At least the channel 10 reception works good so my wife can record her
Masterchef thing and she's not that angry at me like she was 2 days ago :(

Cheers,
Igor