[mythtv-users] new installation issues

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:18:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM, A Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you -- I had done gcc, gcc-devel but not gcc-c++. Now I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > [root at mythbe mythtv]# ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing DBI
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing DBD::mysql
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing HTTP::Request
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing LWP::UserAgent
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing Net::UPnP::QueryResponse
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing Net::UPnP::ControlPoint
> > WARNING: disabling Perl bindings; missing IO::Socket::INET6
>
> All of those should be available on the enterprise linux clone distribution
> you are using.  If you do not want to pick and chose, a 'yum install
> perl-\*'
> should get you almost all of the perl libraries (or look at the resulting
> list
> and pick and choose).

I got that installed. My "make" is giving me the following errors:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythavtest] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/0.25/mythtv/mythtv/programs/mythavtest'
make[1]: *** [sub-mythavtest-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/0.25/mythtv/mythtv/programs'
make: *** [programs] Error 2

Thanks,

Ash
--