[mythtv-users] Scheduling issue?

Michael Wareman michael at waremanfamily.com
Sun Jun 3 05:14:16 UTC 2012

Maybe I'm missing something or have been doing something wrong - but
updated to the latest -fixes (0.25.0+fixes.20120601.77394f0)
from 0.25.0+fixes.20120528.d3a5b0a and have noticed that many-many more
programs are scheduled to record - all really old. Things like years old
MythBusters episodes - despite the Custom Record rule having 'New Episode'
set on the schedule filter.

My understanding of this filter (with reference to
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html) is 'One of the duplicate
matching options is "Record new episodes only". If this is selected,
listing that have an original air date of more than 14 days earlier are
considered repeats and are not eligible to record.'

My 'Search Phrase' is:
program.title = 'MythBusters' AND program.hdtv > 0 AND
program.previouslyshown = 0

I have the schedule filter 'New Episode' set - so only episodes with an
'Original Airdate' within the last two weeks should be scheduled. Certainly
- until the recent -fixes update that seemed to be the case. Yet much older
episodes are now showing up to be recorded. Not just for this one rule
either - but all my rules. My backend has suddenly become really busy
recording old episodes I don't want to be recorded.

Adding ' and datediff(curdate(),program.originalairdate) < 14' to the
search phrase seems to solve this for the time being - but I'm trying to
figure out what changed and if it was intentional (ie: am I going to have
to add this phrase to all my recording rules?).

Has anyone else noticed unexpected recordings being scheduled recently?

Many thanks,

Michael.