[mythtv-users] .25 logging and external commands

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 18:03:58 UTC 2012

Hi -
With the logging re-write of .25, where does output from external commands
(those triggered by system events for example) get logged?  I can't seem to
find the output in the normal logs and I don't see any logfiles (I'm
passing --logpath /var/log/mythtv)  that looks specific to external
commands.

Did I see a reference in another thread that external scripts need to call
the myth API to log?

IIRC in .24 this output was included in the FE/BE log, but I think that's
why all of the logging got split out in the first place...

Thanks
Dave