[mythtv-users] Tablets and hearing aids with bluetooth

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:18:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:

> My father has hearing aids which are bluetooth capable and I would
> like to get him a tablet that can output the sound through bluetooth
> and the internal speakers or other external speakers.   Can myth
> frontend do this?
>
> Do you have any recommendations for tablets that include bluetooth?
>

> Thanks,
> Chuck

That's a confusing question.  First Mythfrontend doesnt run on tablets.  If
they are bluetoother speakers there is no reason you couldn't pair the
hearing aids to your frontend and configure Myth to output to both the TV
and hearing aids.  You may need to use Pulse Audio but never tried this
before.

Now on tablets I am pretty sure any table would connect but MythFrontend
would not play through it.

Mitchell