[mythtv-users] Does anyone know of a DVB-T Network Based Tuner For MythTV?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 08:36:02 UTC 2012

Stephen Robertson wrote:

>  > The HDHomeRun works well with MythTV.
>>
>What are the advantages of one of these over a PCI or USB tuner?  Is
>it mainly the fact that it can be physically located wherever there is
>a network cable, and that it is easy to have multiple HDHR boxes?

There's also the benefit of (I think) not needing in-kernel drivers
to make it work. If you have followed some of the threads here,
you'll see that there have been several relating to problems with
proprietary drivers - some of which haven't kept up quickly with
kernel changes.
That seems to have been an issue with the TBS cards, and of course
the BlackGold cards aren't supported at all by the manufacturer.

And of course, it doesn't take up a slot in your backend. My backend
only has two low-profile PCIe slots - so very limited in options.

--
Simon Hobson